Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mint Brownie Recipe

Yummy Mint Brownies

For the Brownies:
1 cup melted butter ( i cut this down by a 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar ( i cut this down a little too)
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Whisk together melted butter and cocoa. Then add sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix Well. Then add sifted flour. Stir by hand and don't over mix.

Bake at 350 in a greased 9X13 for 25-28 minutes (mine always take closer to 28 minutes)

Cool completely (or stick in freezer for a little bit).

Frosting:
1/2 cups butter ( I only use a 1/4 cup)
2TB Milk
2 cups Powered sugar
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
green food coloring.
(This is just a basic butter cream frosting that all of you probably already make. I don't follow the recipe I wrote it down just in case. I like a little more than this recipe calls for so I use more milk and more P. sugar. This is the only minty part of the brownie so I use a good teaspoon plus a little extra. Don't use the mint or spearmint extract...they are nasty. Make sure is says Peppermint. Watkins is my fav!)

Ganache Topping:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet ch.chip.
Melt it together and stir really good. Drizzle it all over the brownies and frosting.
I cut down the butter and add a little cream instead.

Don't say I didn't warn you!!! They are sooo addicting. Happy Christmas Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment