Thursday, August 8, 2013

Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't know about you, but I am always on a look-out for an amazing chocolate chip cookie. I am super picky when it comes to a cookie...I am not a soft chewy crisco cookies (barf) type person, and I don't enjoy the super crunchy cookie, like I grew up with! Actually, my favorite cookie is from the Old Grist Mill in Logan, Utah. It is thin, has an amazing vanilla buttery cookie flavor, and chewy with a bit of a soft textured outer crunch! YUMMY!!! I came across this recipe in a magazine, made some alterations, and gave it a try. It is a winner! I meant to take a picture but they vanished, somehow? Let me know if you enjoy!

Crispy-Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 sticks softened butter
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 1/2 good quality vanilla (this is where the cookie gets half of its flavor)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup finely shredded sweetened coconut (this is where you get the other delicious flavor)
1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour...yes only 1/2 cup!
1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugars, and salt together for 5 minutes, until fluffy. Don't skimp on this part. Add egg, vanilla, and soda, scraping down sides. Add oats, coconut, and flour; mix on low until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Let stand until oats are soften, about 30 mins. Bake on parchment paper, 3 inches apart. They spread out! Bake on 350 for 14 minutes. For crispier cookies, bake 2 minutes extra.

2 comments:

  1. I'm ALWAYS up for a chocolate chip cookie! I'll have to give these a try. Is that 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla?

    ReplyDelete