Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Shower

For Young Women's this week we had a surprise baby shower for the YW pres. The girls have been planning this activity for a couple of months. It turned out great and was tons of fun. I decided to try making cake pops for little party favors. I have never made them and I now know why! They were NOT that easy. It took lots of tries to figure it out. Once I got them working it went pretty good. They ended up looking cute.
We also made a diaper cake...I think they always look cute. This one was pretty simple. We used the Target diapers with blue and green polka dots. I love it!
The theme for the shower was the Mad Hatter from Alice. A couple other leaders made this insane cake. They spent hours making it, then it fell apart the morning of the shower and needed a cake Dr. I think it turned out awesome.
She even made all the layers swirly colors.

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is totally awesome!! Once again, why aren't you living here and in Young Women's with me!!??? :)
    The cake pops look awesome, I love those little buggers. I have to make apple shaped ones next week, wish me luck.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete