Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day yesterday. Church of couse was NOT fun with squirmy Logan and my parents ward is so quiet that we never make it through. The girls went up to sing in sacrament meeting and Jillian stole the show. She got up right in front and started looking for us. As soon as she found us she had her million dollar smile. I was having flash backs of me being up there when I was little. Everyone stared at her the whole time and then commented to my mom(since I usually leave church to put the baby down for a nap) that she is the cutest! Well, of course she is...she looks like me. Ha Ha Ha
I made this chocolate cake for our Mother's Day treat. It turned out so pretty and it even tasted better than it looks. I was surprised how good it came out.
I talked Papa into grilling teriyaki chiken kabobs for us moms. It was a lot of work for him, but we all loved them. Thanks Papa!

2 comments:

  1. Your cake looks awesome and your kabobs look so yummy!! I am glad you had a great day with your mom!
    love and miss you guys!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Mother's Day! Your cake looked delicious! You can't get a better combination than chocolate and strawberries!

    ReplyDelete