Monday, May 4, 2009

Logan's Roll recipe

I have been wanting to find a new yummy roll recipe, so I think this is it. Make it and tell me what you think. They are super easy!!!
We had a little pre birthday dinner on Sunday for Kyle, he is the original dough boy. Unfortunately the dinner went out the window when Jillian came home from church with a big nail that her teacher had given her. I took it away as she was charging Mallory with it, and she simply FREAKED OUT!!! Had I known she was going to scream and cry and have a tantrum for over an hour, I may have considered letting her have the nail as a toy! Anyway, the rolls were pretty good especially with our homemade jam (we made another batch on Saturday). They are called Logan's rolls because they are from Logan's Roadhouse, I haven't eaten there but heard it was good.
Recipe
3 cups flour
4-5 tsp. yeast
1tsp. salt
2TB sugar
1/4 cup dry milk
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 egg
4 TB butter, melted
Add 2 cups flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and dry milk in large mixing bowl. In separate bowl whip egg and water. Make a well with dry ingr. and mix in wet mixture. Stir by hand, 150 strokes, scrapping sides of bowl. Add melted butter and beat. Add rest of the flour a little at a time. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 45 min - 1 hour, until doubled. Punch down, batter is super sticky. Drop spoonfuls into prepared muffin tin. Brush with butter. Let rise for 30 min. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, or until they are done. I brushed them with butter as they came out too. Then smother with homemade jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment