Friday, April 29, 2011

Emeril's Rib Sauce

1 TB oil
1 Med onion chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
1 cup ketchup
1 can beef broth
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 -1/2 cup br sugar
1/2 tsp of cumin, coriander, celery salt
1/4 tsp cayenne

In a med saucepan, heat oil add onion and garlic. season with s&p. Cook 3-5 min. Add remaining ingredients, bring to simmer and cook for at least 30 min. The longer the better.


I use this recipe when I make the inexpensive cut of country style pork ribs. They never get tender if you don't cook them for hours. I grill them on our BBQ for about 45 min. Then I put them in my crock pot or a roasting pan with this concoction from Emeril. I let them cook for a long time...at least 6 hours in a crock pot and 3 hours in a vented roasting pan. They are super delicious if you can do it right.

(I always lose this recipe, so now I will not)

No comments:

Post a Comment