Sunday, April 10, 2011

Peanut Butter Easter Eggs


    This recipe is a standing Hemming tradition every Easter. In fact, I have made them into balls for Christmas and other times, and have a hard time eating them. They are so Eastery to me. I can't wait to make them next week. They are so good! For those that requested this recipe, sorry it took so long!



    • 1 box powdered sugar**

    • 3 Cups Rice Krispies

    • 1/2 Cup melter butter

    • 2 cups crunchy


    PB Beat all together, form into eggs and dip in chocolate. The old recipe says to use 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 king size Hershey bar, with a little paraffin grated in. You can dip with whatever you like to dip with.


    **So this powdered sugar amount causes confusion between my sister, my mom, and I ever Easter. The original recipe calls for a box of powdered sugar, but we think it makes them too dry and hard to form into eggs. I think 2-2 1/2 cups is the best amount. You need them to be sticky enough to form, but not too sticky to dip! Good Luck!

    2 comments:

    1. How much weight do we want to gain this year from eating these? I think about making them every day - can't wait till you get here!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm so excited to try this recipe! THANK YOU!!!!!

      ReplyDelete