Wednesday, August 5, 2009

10th Anniversary


WOW!!! It has been 10 years since that freakishly cold day in the middle of the summer when we got married. These pictures make me laugh. We both look so young. We had an awesome wedding day and I just cannot believe it has been 10 years. These pictures are from someones non-digital camera. I didn't want to dismantle my nice wedding album to scan some pics in. I remember the Temple was under construction when we got married so we didn't get the perfect temple picture. However, all the clouds made for great lighting. It makes me sad to look at these pictures...I hate getting older and having time fly by, and my babies become big kids. Just HATE that!
We have had such good times, times that we will always remember. We have moved 8 times, have had 3 kids, 7 different jobs, both graduated from USU, purchased 2 homes, and have been apart for over a years time (15 months to be exact, not counting all my California getaways). What a whirlwind life has been. We are for sure busy, but life is so good. When we thought about where our life would be in 10 years....I don't think "here" (here is for the place we live) is where I imagined it, but everything is. I am SO not a sappy person (thanks to the parents) so I will not go on and on about my love for Michael. (That does not mean I don't love him any less). I am amazed at what all we have been through and am so excited for all that we still get to go through together. So Happy 10th! Where is my trip to Hawaii??? or my Ruby that I totally want??? I guess I will settle for a really hot day inside taking care of crazy kids and heating up leftovers for dinner!(At least they are good leftovers) What a life!!
We really need to have a make up celebration day. Maybe San Diego on the weekend! Sounds good to me.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on 10yrs! Here's to many more. You definitely deserve a trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are a cute couple. Congrats on 10 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Those pictures are great-- you two DO look young! Our 10th is right around the corner-- you're right-- time does fly by. Go have some fun in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at Michael with hair!! :) I feel the same way when I look at my wedding pics...we were so young and Ryan had more hair then, too! :) Start planning now for the 15 year celebration! All your kids will be older and you two can do something fun.

    ReplyDelete