Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

This year we decided it was time for a real tree...we have never had one. So off to the Christmas tree lot we went. The girls were crazy, running all over, hiding in the trees. There were too many bright lights around to get a good picture, and we were freezing cold...the 60s are the new 30s! brrrr

It was so hard to tell how big our tree was going to be. We got one that was bundled up, so we really couldn't see. When Michael brought it in and untied it, we were shocked. IT IS HUGE!!! I actually broke my new vacuum trying to pick up the pine needles. The next night we wanted to have our cookie party (decorating the tree with yummy Christmas cookies and hot chocolate). Mallory helped me string over 1,000 lights on our tree. I thought I had enough from last year...I was wrong. The tree is so fat. We had so much fun getting out all of our ornaments. We have so many cute ones. It was fun to watch the girls remember when they got each one (we celebrate St.Nicholas day...getting new ornaments in our shoes). It was a hallmark moment for sure!

I love taking pictures on Sunday by the tree. The girls have cute matching outfits.



1 comment:

  1. It was 12 degrees today as I left the elementary school at 10:00am! That is fun this is your first real tree!

    ReplyDelete